WELCOME TO BARRINGTONSOCCER.ORG
HOME OF THE BRONCOS!
*UPDATED – 2:00pm Monday, November 13th, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL FALL BRONCOS!!!
What a great fall season this has been at our high school! The cross country, golf, tennis, swimming & diving, volleyball and football teams have enjoyed so much success this season… you are amazing! Just this past weekend, the Girls’ Volleyball team earned a state trophy, earning a 4th place in the state finish… and our football team won their state quarterfinal match earning them a spot in the state semifinals (final four) this coming weekend too! We are so impressed with all of you!!! Congratulations to all of the athletes and coaches who have done such a phenomenal job this fall!!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
At our season ending banquet for boys’ soccer, we celebrated the tremendous work that each of our teams put forth this season. It was a great evening and we appreciate everyone who attended! We also want to say THANK YOU for all the work that was put in this fall season. Special thanks to our players, parents and coaches!!! We also want to thank Broncos Soccer Booster President Denise Scafidi, who lead our booster efforts this year!! You did a great job and we appreciate you SO MUCH! Thank you to all the parents who also volunteered. We could not run such a great program without all of you!!
At our banquet, we also awarded team awards for all five of our teams. Here is a recap of the awards for each level:
Varsity Team Awards
– Captains – Logan Cidulka, Andy Sfondilis, Mattie Vitale
– Best Offensive Player Award – Kian Cullen
– Best Defensive Player Award – Jack Ball
– Most Improved Player Award – Wilson Neuhauser
– Fighting Bronco Coaches Award – Andy Sfondilis
– Most Valuable Player Award – Mattie Vitale
JV1 Team Awards
– Captains – Quinn Farley, Max Golich, Ryan Stadler
– Best Offensive Player Award – Max Golich
– Best Defensive Player Award – Ephraim Lee
– Most Improved Player Award – Hugo Triano
– Fighting Bronco Coaches Award – Mitch Vitale
– Most Valuable Player Award – Quinn Farley
JV2 Team Awards
– Captains – Alex Bankowski, Isaac Unzueta
– Best Offensive Player Award – Bryan Ionescu
– Best Defensive Player Award – Alex Bankowski
– Most Improved Player Award – Payton Schneider
– Fighting Bronco Coaches Award – Jose Arreola
– Most Valuable Player Award – Bryan Ionescu
Freshman Red Team Awards
– Captains – Charlie Lunt, Joe Manczak
– Best Offensive Player Award – Luis Castro
– Best Defensive Player Award – Joe Manczak
– Most Improved Player Award – Armani Garcia Kimbert
– Fighting Bronco Coaches Award – James Novelli
– Most Valuable Player Award – Joe Manczak
Frosh-Soph Team Awards
– Captains – Elio Emery, Alex Garcia
– Best Offensive Player Award – Bryan Gonzalez Nava
– Best Defensive Player Award – Hagen Reimann
– Most Improved Player Award – Matthew Salcedo
– Fighting Bronco Coaches Award – Brandon Diaz
– Most Valuable Player Award – Kacper Paluch
VARSITY BRONCOS FALL IN I.H.S.A. REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
The Varsity team ended their 2023 season Saturday, falling to the top-seeded Glenbrook North Spartans 2-1 in the second round of the playoffs. After falling behind in the first half, our Broncos evened the score in the second half behind another Kian Cullen goal. The boys had a lot of momentum and although we created several dangerous opportunities, we just couldn’t quite get that all important second goal. With nine minutes remaining, the hosts tossed another throw in deep into our goalmouth, and after a few moments of chaos it found the foot of a GBN player who was able to give the Titans the lead. The match finished 2-1 in favor of Glenbrook North. Our boys fought hard and gave it their all. In doing so, they all have much to be proud of! The 2023 journey was a fun one, and while we know we didn’t quite tally as many wins as our talent should have lead to, this team goes down as one of the most connected, resilient and memorable groups our school has known. Keep your heads up men! And remember, you will never walk alone!
ENJOY THE OFF-SEASON BRONCOS! WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT SUMMER! YNWA!
Should you have any questions or need anything related to anything above, please email Head Coach Scott Steib at email@example.com for assistance.